11:10 - 00:00
Afternoon Day 2
How To Mitigate Multiple Corrosion Mechanisms In A Crude Distillation Overhead System
- A case history involving three different areas of overhead equipment suffering from severe metal loss as a result of three distinct modes of attack.
- Successful mitigation required a comprehensive diagnosis to define the underlying causes and critical process factors.
- Several technologies were employed in the diagnostic and mitigation phases of the investigation.
- For each area under attack, the cause was determined and a mitigation strategy specified and implemented, with the focus on defining an operating envelope combined with mechanical improvements
- Mike Simonetty Corrosion Applications Engineer - Baker Hughes
« Back to previous page