Louis Besland is an AlixPartners Managing Director and head of the firm’s Middle East Oil, Gas & Chemicals practice. He joined the firm in 2014. Louis is a seasoned professional and leader in the fields of oil, gas, petrochemicals, diversified industries, logistics, and utilities. With more than 25 years of consulting and operational experience—and thanks to his ability to drive change and deliver tangible results—Louis has built a strong reputation as a trusted advisor to boards and management teams in the areas of business transformation, operations improvement, procurement, supply chain, logistics, organization, and strategy. Prior to joining AlixPartners, Louis was a partner at A.T. Kearney in Europe and the Middle East, leading the firm’s energy practice. He was also a partner at Gemini Consulting and has run his own company, Expertconsultant, a consulting marketplace. Louis has worked with large international and national companies, joint ventures, and government entities as well as private-equity firms.
In recent professional engagements, Louis:
- Developed a business transformation program covering marketing, sales, supply chain, and a governance model.
- Led fast international growth for a Middle Eastern petrochemical joint venture.
- Set up the supply chain of a Middle Eastern polymer leader focused on stabilizing and reducing lead times.
- Managed procurement enhancement and category for an upstream Middle Eastern national company, resulting in significant cost and quality improvements.
- Created chemical industry country strategies and master plans for two governments.
- Devised a segment strategy, a service strategy, and vendor due diligence for an energy equipment manufacturer, which led to a $2-billion sale.
- Supported function streamlining of 25 percent and the reorganization of a major oil company.
Louis holds a master’s in electrochemical engineering from Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble in France after two years of mathematics and physics preparatory classes. Louis was a deck officer in the French Navy for two years for his military service.
« Back to previous page